Sunday, October 10, 2010

On to something else

The chemise is finished and it looks lovely. I am thinking about embroidering my initials and an "inventory number" on it, but I can't figure out where to put it. On the men's shirt pattern from Kannik's, the initials are just below the bosom slit. The shift pattern suggests red or blue embroidery, which would show through a light colored gown, so I assume it would have to be placed low enough to be covered by the corset. Looks like I will have to do some research.

Lauren saved my bacon and sent me a copy of the J. Hunnisett pattern, and I scaled it up yesterday and cut a mock up out of the world's most revolting poly twill. I am all thumbs with the bust gussets, so I gave up around 9 last night and feel pretty demoralized today. I am thinking I would be better off purchasing a pattern that has instructions; I would still have to fiddle with the fitting, but at least I'd have someone holding my hand through the construction. I'm thinking of using the Mantua Maker pattern for long stays. Oh, the frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment