Thursday, July 29, 2010

Today, as I was racing past the dining room table (which is piled shamefully high with things that need to be "dealt with"), I spied something new added to the usual debris. An overstuffed flat-rate envelope! A quick look at the label and I thought, "Geez, that was fast!"

My linen! Now, how fabric-store.com manages to cram 6 yards of this stuff into a standard flat-rate is beyond me. The fabric is very nice. It has a fine weave, but it is a little too sheer for my taste. They also kindly included a swatch card with all their colors of the IL019 (5.3oz) linen, which are very pretty. I think I would have been just fine with the 5.3 oz linen instead of the 3.5 oz. Even the heavier linen is slightly sheer. I was worried it would be too heavy or coarse or something. We'll see how this turns out; I wonder if it will be too sheer under a light muslin gown or a silk gauze? I guess that's what petticoats are for, right?

It's still hard for me to pay much over $5.00/yard for nice linen, but considering how far from L.A. we live now, I'm pretty darn happy to get it at $7.30/yard + shipping online. They are really on the ball with the shipping, too -- I cannot get over how fast it got here!

No comments:

Post a Comment